Wednesday 2 February 2011

WHAT WILL I BE DOING AFTER GRADUATION ?

Today we had a lecture with Mike Press about the sort of things graduates go on to do after their degree. He pointed out that people from the design and arts discipline take a bit longer to get on their feet. This is because developing the relationships and knowledge to work in the design field takes time. After we graduate we still have to learn the majority of what we need to know to survive in this business. Mike showed us some research he had collected from graduates in the form of a timeline. The timeline showed us what design graduates were really doing after they graduated. Although some seemed to be unemployed they were working on business models, saving and investing in their future still. It was a few years later that the time lines were stuffed full of exiting work and the graduates were finally reaping the financial benefits of a degree in design. I started to wonder what direction my life is going in and what ill be doing when I graduate. I cant possibly know what sort of opportunities will come my way but I decided to make a rough outline of what is likely. Ive begun my timeline right from the end of high school so i can see my process more clearly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment